Hands On Community Networks is a charity duly registered under the Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the 8th of August 2019 with CAC/IT/NO 133570.
WHO THEY ARE:
We are a research-based organisation.
WHAT THEY DO:
We co-research communal problems and identify strengths and solutions around natural and social issues.
Working together to empower communities to help themselves.
HANCON envisions a nation where the most vulnerable communities overcome poverty by coming together as a people to ensure common goals through communal living using local human and natural resources.
Provide a platform that enables co-production to ensure the achievement of human rights. This includes providing opportunities to acquire, develop and exchange knowledge, values, attitudes, and skills needed to protect and improve the community. To create new ways of behaviour for individuals, groups and society as a whole towards sustaining the environment and encourage peace, unity, and progress in the community. To also ensure that people are able to identify their strengths and contribute their abilities and assets to the well-being of their community.
- To identify communal problems, strengths and solutions for development
- To promote the culture of community contribution and services.
- To promote imagination, forecasting and planning with the aim of improving the standard of living.
- To promote community leadership.
- Integrity: We maintain the highest standards of professional and ethical behaviour, we value transparency and honesty in our communication, relationship and action
- Accountability: We hold ourselves accountable for the quality and lasting results of our work and for the commitment we make to our participants, partners, donors and each other
- Respect: We value and celebrate the unique and diverse talents, experiences and perspectives of everyone, we treat our participants, partners, donors and each other with sensitivity and respect
- Love: We are committed to showing care and supporting people to live their lives in happiness.
- Equality: We believe everyone should have equal opportunities irrespective of their gender, social and economic status, tribe and religion.
- Collaboration: We believe in the power of working together and supporting each other
AREA OF INTERVENTION:
- Livelihood support
- Good Governance